This Project consisted of the part demolition of the existing community centre, a school room & a Museum built in 1847. The Museum has been re-roofed, a new DPC insulated to the walls & new roof fitted as well as new doors, redecorations and a new electrics & heating system installed.
The newly constructed centre saw the construction of new ladies, gents and disabled toilets; gardeners store; cleaners cupboard; state of the art kitchen,8 store rooms, under floor heating & solar panels on the roof.
Externally the elevation facing the adjacent St Bridget’s church was built with art stone & sand stone in keeping with the surroundings. The elevation facing St. Bridget’s school was art stone & rendered blockwork with the roof constructed from Spanish Slate.